Pregnant or not?
When it comes to pregnancy testing, accuracy and early detection are essential. The IDEXX Bovine Pregnancy Test delivers both—ultrasound-like accuracy as early as 28 days after breeding—making it an invaluable addition to your clinic’s reproductive services. With the IDEXX Bovine Pregnancy Test, you can give your clients the certainty they’ve never had before, with early, accurate answers they can act on with confidence.
This new test offers:
- Exceptional accuracy: The IDEXX Bovine Pregnancy Test delivers 99.3% sensitivity and up to 95.1% specificity at just 28 days after breeding. With a negative, or open result, your clients know with over 99% certainty that the cow is open. And, a cow is identified as negative as soon as 60 days post calving without interference from the previous pregnancy.
- Earlier detection. Accurately detects pregnancy-associated glycoproteins (PAGs) in serum or EDTA plasma as early as 28 days after breeding to allow for more frequent testing and improved reproductive performance.
- Faster results. Uses proven IDEXX ELISA technology for trusted results in less than 2.5 hours.
- Expanded testing options. Complements your regular pregnancy checks and provides additional diagnostic opportunities, such as BVDV and Johne’s testing, using the same blood samples.
Accurate and early
The IDEXX Bovine Pregnancy Test eliminates uncertainty by promptly and accurately identifying open cows. And when it comes to their status—open or not—time is money.
- Shorten calving intervals by identifying open cows earlier and confirming pregnancies more frequently.
- Maximize milk production and revenue for farms by reducing the number of days open, estimated to cost up to $5 per day.1
- Improve reproduction efficiency and reduce costs—an estimated $291 per head2—through early identification and removal of subfertile cows from a herd.
- Detect and confirm pregnancies safely, without risk of disease transmission or physical injury.
Individual Cow Lactation Curve
Detection of Early Bovine PAG Levels by IDEXX ELISA