By Fergus Walsh
BBC News medical correspondent
British scientists have begun work on a vaccine against the H1N1 swine flu virus.
Inside the lab where experts are working on a swine flu vaccine
Their efforts are under way at the National Institute for Biological Standards and Control (NIBSC) in Hertfordshire.
The NIBSC is one of a small group of influenza centres around the world which will create a seed vaccine strain which could then be grown in bulk by manufacturers.
PT Elo Karsa Utama bersama dengan Idexx Laboratories telah meluncurkan test kit untuk mendeteksi dan mengontrol keberadaan dan penyebaran virus flu babi dalam populasi babi. Test kit ini dikenal dengan nama : Herdchek Swine Influenza Virus Antibody Test Kit. Dengan melakukan monitoring keberadaan antibodi dalam anak babi dan babi dewasa akan membantu mengontrol penyakit flu babi pada babi dan menghindari vaksinasi yang tidak diperlukan.
Innovative Multichannel Electronic Pipette with Expandable Tip Spacing
This pipette's innovative adjustable tip system allows you to rapidly increase the throughput of sample transfers from tube racks to microplates. Simply pull the rod to expand the tips to access test tube or microcentrifuge tube racks, 24- or 48-well plates, then push the rod to compress the spacing to pipette into 96-well microplates. You can transfer up to eight samples at once, saving many motions of your arm and thumb.
- Adjustable tip spacing allows you to transfer multiple samples between different tube rack and microplate configurations
- Ergonomic design and trigger-based operation increases comfort and reduced risk of repetitive stress injuries (RSI)
- On-board memory saves six programs (up to 40 steps each) so you can spend more time pipetting and less time programming
- Advanced battery technology allows days of work between charges, no memory effect
- Choice of five speeds controls aspiration, dispense and mix steps independently
- Large volume capacity of 1250 µl per tip capacity allows you to fill an entire microplate with up to 100 µl per well from a single aspiration.